Friday, June 22, 2012

Chips & dust

Hi all,

Everyone that have CNC have two problems chips&dust and noise. I do not like to have mess in my workshop so I decide to solve first problem somehow. First of all chips. When I cut Aluminum chips are flying everywhere, so I made barrier for them. On the side of the table I have mounted 4 mm Plywood and I do not remove it. In front and back of table I mount 6 holders. When I can install and remove 3 mm MDF sheet. This is how it looks like:

 one holder


When I cut/carve wood and MDF there is a lot of dust int air. So I had to find out how to solve this problem. I saw somewhere in the web great idea, and using it I made my dust cover. I took 9 mm rod from printer, some tube, Plywood and some wood screws. And made such a thing:


 It can be moved along Z axis, and can be removed if it. I put some material stripes to hold dust.

To second end of this red hose I can connect my vacuum cleaner (picture below). In the gap between cover and Kress there is a hole, where dust can be sucked. I have tested it, and work great.

Problem is that vacuum is small and big amount of chips and dust will clog it fast. I have to find solution for this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment